2017 MRS-S Graduate Student Awards
The Materials Research Society Singapore (MRS-S) will be presenting the “2017 MRS-S Graduate Student Awards” at ICMAT 2017.
Open for application to graduate students of all nationalities, the “2017 MRS-S Graduate Student Awards” endeavors to honor and encourage graduate students whose academic achievements and materials research showcase a high level of excellence and distinction. The Awards are conferred to students with exceptional ability and who exhibit potential for significant future achievements in materials research.
The 10 Awards that will be presented at ICMAT 2017 are:
- Four (04) GOLD Awards (consisting of a certificate and SG$1,000 cash)
- Six (06) SILVER Awards (consisting of a certificate and SG $500 cash)
The recipients will be determined via a two-step selection process:
(1) Short-Listing Stage
- Graduate students attending ICMAT 2017 can apply for the Awards from 24 Oct 2016 to 31 Mar 2017.
- All applications are to be submitted online. (Click on the ‘Submit Application” button below)
- 20 applications will be short-listed. The shortlisted candidates will be notified by email no later than 31 May 2017.
(2) Final Presentation
- The 20 shortlisted candidates will be scheduled to make a 10-minute presentation of their research work at the “2017 MRS-S Graduate Student Awards – Finalists Presentation Special Session” held during ICMAT 2017.
- An International Panel of judges will be present to review and decide on the final 10 Awards recipients.
- Awards will be presented at the ICMAT 2017 Closing Session.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Applicants must be a full-time graduate student in a recognized tertiary institution (at the time of conference)
- Applicants must be the presenting author and have submitted an oral/poster abstract for presentation at ICMAT 2017
- Applicants must complete registration & payment of fees to attend ICMAT 2017 by 31 March 2017 (Failure to complete the payment of registration fees by 31 March 2017 will result in disqualification for the award)
- Applications are not transferable.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and no appeal will be entertained.
Please get ready the following information / documents before proceeding:
- Abstract ID(s) (which you can obtain from your online submission account after submitting your abstract. Visit “Submit Abstract” page)
- A two-page CV
- A one-page research summary statement highlighting key research discoveries and their impact
- One reference letter from your supervisor
- Proof of status as a graduate student (either a valid Student Pass/ID, or letter from your institution certifying you are a full-time graduate student)
Note: All documents are to be submitted in PDF only.
For enquiries/assistance, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org