Materials Research Society – Singapore (MRS-S) Funding Support
To help participants from developing countries* to attend ICMAT 2017, the Materials Research Society – Singapore (MRS-S) has set aside limited funds, in the form of reduced registration fee (see table below), to eligible participants (both student & non-student).
Eligibility for this financial support is restricted to scientists from developing countries. The selection process will be overseen by the Organizing Chair and the criteria used for the selection process include assessment of the quality of the science, the value of the contribution to the conference session and the relative career stage of the applicant, with preference towards junior scientists.
Reduced Registration Fee for Recipients of MRS-S Funding Support
- Reduced (Non-Student) Rate @ SGD 600 per person
- Reduced (Student#) Rate @ SGD 400 per person
# “STUDENT” is defined as full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student in a recognized tertiary institute such as university and polytechnic.
*For the list of developing countries, refer to: https://www.isi-web.org/index.php/resources/developing-countries
- Submit abstract for review by 27 January 2017 (extended to) 10 February 2017. To be eligible for the bursary, the submitted abstract has to be accepted for presentation at the conference and the applicant the presenting author of the submitted abstract.
- Submit MRS-S Funding Support application form by 23:59 hrs on 27 January 2017 (extended to) 31 March 2017 (Singapore Time). (Click on “Submit Application” button below)
- The Organizing Committee will review all applications and notify successful applicants by email, in batches,from 28 February 2017 15 March 2017 onwards.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Successful applicants (recipients) MUST complete their registration and payment of fees by 31 March 2017 (Offer lapses if recipient fails to complete the payment of registration fees by this deadline)
- Recipients MUST be the presenting author to attend and present at ICMAT 2017.
- The reduced registration fee offered is not transferable to another applicant
- The organizer reserves the right to grant partial-support.
- Decision of the selection panel is final and no appeal will be entertained.
For enquiries, please contact the Secretariat at: email@example.com