This symposium will provide a platform for academics, scientists, and engineers to present and exchange their latest research results and new ideas, and explore the emerging directions of physics, simulation, characterization and application of novel electronic and photonic semiconductor materials, structures and devices.
The topics of this symposium are listed but not limited to those listed below.
- Physics, fabrication, measurement and characterization of new materials (Two-D materials, alloy semiconductors, quantum dots, quantum wires, quantum wells, optical metamaterials, dilute nitride semiconductors, dilute bismide semiconductors, dilute magnetic semiconductors, topological insulator, etc.)
- Electronic structures of novel materials using first principles method, k•p method, empirical pseudopotential method, tight binding method, etc.
- New design and simulation tools
- Modelling, simulation, fabrication and characterization of novel material based photonic devices including LED, LD, Photodetector, solar cell, spin-LED, etc.
- Modelling and simulation, fabrication and characterization of the novel material based electronic devices including HBT, HEMT, spin-transistor, etc.
- Surface plasmon polariton related structures and devices
Papers reviewed and presented at this symposium will be published in Procedia Engineering by Elsevier.
Guo-En CHANG, National Chung-Cheng University, Taiwan
Kai CHANG, Institute of Semiconductors, CAS, China
Xuetao GAN, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Yongli GAO, University of Rochester, USA
Detlev GRÜTZMACHER, Peter Grünberg Institut, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
Mohamed HENINI, The University of Nottingham, UK
Zhiming HUANG, Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics, CAS, China
Jennifer HWU, University of Utah College of Engineering, USA
C. JAGADISH, Australian National University, Australia
Ching Hua LEE, Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR, Singapore
Wen LEI, The University of Western Australia, Australia
Jingbo LI, The Institute of Semiconductors, CAS, China
Junwei LUO, Institute of Semiconductors, CAS, China
Donguk NAM, Inha University, South Korea
Boon S. OOI, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
Kostya OSTRIKOV, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Shinichi SAITO, University of Southampton, UK
Aimin SONG, The University of Manchester, UK
Changqing SUN, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Xiaowei SUN, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Stephen J. SWEENEY, University of Surrey, UK
Qi-Huo WEI, Kent State University, USA
Judy Z. WU, The University of Kansas, USA
Ming YANG, Institute of Materials Research & Engineering, A*STAR, Singapore
Dawei ZHANG, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, China
Ruiqin ZHANG, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Yanyang ZHANG, The Institute of Semiconductors, CAS, China
Bin ZHU, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden