Fundamentally the materials science driving the solar PV industry has been very significant – from semiconductor to thin film to now nanostructures and perovskites, to heterojunctions involving composites of all these materials technologies. In the future, innovations in materials science will still continue to play very important roles in not only enabling novel solar cell technologies but also further enhancing state-of-the-art solar PV technologies and manufacturing.
- Solar cells – crystalline silicon, amorphous silicon, CdTe, CIGS, heterojunctions, perovskites, strained thin films, etc.
- Approaches for commercial production – silicon feedstock materials, module design and processing, advances in innovative design fabrication methods
- Novel materials for PV applications such as organic, quantum dots, thin-film Si
- New module designs, materials, technologies and reliability issues
- Advanced measurement/characterization methods and instrumentation
- Defect monitoring and process control
- Performance, reliability, testing, standards.
Selected papers presented in this symposium will be published in a special issue of “Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells“.
Armin ABERLE, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Joerg BAGHAHN, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Ariel BUDIMAN, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore
Alexander CALDWELL, SunPower, USA
Dhirayut CHENVIDHYA, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand
Matthias EBERT, Fraunhofer Center for Silicon Photovoltaics CSP, Germany
Cosimo GERARDI, Enel Green Power S.p.A., Italy
Vincent HANDARA, Center for Solar Photovoltaics, Surya University, Indonesia
Gregoria ILLYA, Buddhi Dharma University, Indonesia
Yong Seng KHOO, Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Daniel MACDONALD, Australian National University, Australia
Tsutomu (Tom) MIYASAKA, Toin University of Yokohama, Japan
Fernando NOVOA, Tesla / Solar City, USA
Thomas REINDL, Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Jegadesan SUBBIAH, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Charles SURYA, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Hui Ying YANG, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore